According to an article in US News & World Report, the following are some of the conditions that chiropractic effectively treats, other than back and neck pain
- Migraines and tension headaches– research shows chiropractic adjustments are effective in relieving many types of headache and neck pain
- Stress and anxiety– via adjustments that relax muscles and help normalize input and reactions in the nervous system, and nutritional support, the way the body manages and processes stress can be aided
- Fibromyalgia– chiropractic patients with symptoms of Fibromyalgia experienced reduction in pain, improved sleep, and decreased fatigue
- Improve immune function– studies have shown increases in white blood cell count and T cell increases post adjustment
- Flexibility– chiropractic care increases range of motion and flexibility, which is important to lead a good quality life
If you have health issues and want to talk to a chiropractor in Parker, CO, call 720-334-8802
For a more visual presentation, view this article illustrated on LinkedIn
Chiropractic for back painClick To TweetHow Chiropractic Care Eases the Three Most Common Types of Back Pain
Do you suffer with back pain in Lone Tree, CO? Well, you’re not alone. According to the American Chiropractic Association, back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work, and the second most common reason for visiting a doctor (only behind upper respiratory infections).
Why is back pain so common? There is more than one answer to that question. A large number of back pain patients suffer because of the following three reasons:
They have suffered a back injury
Individuals can hurt their backs by lifting heavy objects, overexerting themselves, or moving the wrong way. The muscles and ligaments in the back can be twisted and damaged.
Back pain that is the result of a recent injury is called acute pain, meaning it comes on suddenly. Acute pain is usually temporary, so when the injury heals, the pain lessens or disappears completely. Over the counter medications such as analgesics, topical creams, and anti-inflammatory drugs help manage back pain caused from an injury but don’t necessary fix the problem.
Chiropractic care is another way to lessen acute pain and feel more comfortable. By adjusting the spine, chiropractors can relax the muscles, and relieve acute pain faster than simply “suffering through” the injury.
They battle a medical condition or illness
Unfortunately, there are several illnesses that can cause back pain. Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, inflammatory diseases of the joints, and scoliosis are some of the common conditions that cause back pain. Because the conditions create pain that lasts longer periods of time, this type of pain is considered to be chronic pain.
Chronic pain is an entirely different animal than acute pain, and patients who suffer with it often look for options outside of traditional medication. Chiropractic care is an excellent choice in dealing with chronic back pain.
Adjustments to the spine can promote healing in all areas of a person’s body, as well as provide relief from the pain. Chiropractic care for medical conditions sometimes takes a bit longer to show results, so the patient must be committed to the treatment plan the chiropractor suggests in order to enjoy the maximum benefits of chiropractic.
They have made poor lifestyle choices
Decisions we make can affect our health, either negatively or positively. Being overweight, avoiding an exercise routine, and smoking can result in health issues that cause back pain.
- Additional weight puts extra stress on an individual’s back that can eventually cause pain.
- Smoking is a habit that has many negative consequences, including increasing the chances for back pain. According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), smoking can cause a lack of nutrients which affects the back’s discs. In addition, people who smoke tend to heal slower, so smoking can actually increase the length of time a person must endure back pain.
- Exercise increases a person’s strength in muscles and tendons, and a sedentary lifestyle weakens a person’s body, often bringing on back pain, as well as other health issues.
Chiropractic house call care can assist in lessening a patients back pain, which then hopefully leads to better lifestyle choices.
Feeling better often prompts patients to embark on a fitness routine, eat healthier, and quit smoking. Exercise regimens that include strength training can positively impact a person’s health in a number of ways, including back pain reduction.
Millions of people struggle with back pain on a daily basis. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to treat both the symptoms and the underlying causes. Chiropractic care either by itself or in a combination with other treatments is one of the best choices available today.
Not sure if you have a chiropractic problem? Book a free phone consult online right now and find out.
This article is copyrighted by Blogging Chiros LLC for its Doctor of Chiropractic members and may not be copied or duplicated in any manner including printed or electronic media, regardless of whether for a fee or gratis without the prior written permission of Blogging Chiros, LLC.
Chiropractic House Calls
Gentle Chiropractic adjustments can help with many problems. By helping realign the spine and other bones, stress is taken off the nervous system, inflammation is decreased, healing occurs, and pain is relieved. With over 20 years experience, Dr Z has helped thousands of patients with all kinds of injuries and problemsCall 720-334-8802 or Book Online
Acupuncture House Calls
Acupuncture is the ancient healing art that evolved from China, over thousands of years. Having studied in China, Dr Z has the knowledge and experience to help with many health issues that may have seemed hopeless. If you have a health issue, you may want to give acupuncture a try.Call 720-334-8802 for more information or Book online
The answer you've been looking for could be reaching out to you right now? Call 720-334-8802 or book your appointment today!
Why House Calls by Dr Z?
I had an old shoulder injury from lacrosse. Dr. Zabronsky has helped me go from not being able to lift my arm, back to a normal pain free movement.
Connect with Dr Z on Social Media
Dr. Steven ZabronskyChiropractor, Acupuncturist
Doctor of Chiropractic Acupuncturist Over...
According to an article in US News & World Report, the following are some of the conditions that chiropractic effectively...Read More